Equity Protection Program
Feel confident about lending with the Equity Protection Program (EPP) through LEVERAGE. With EPP, your credit union can safely promote loan growth without an increase in risk.
Under the EPP, the credit union is insured for losses due to borrower default for any reason such as job loss, divorce, bankruptcy and even death. One policy covers all types of loans insured, and the following loan types are eligible for coverage:
- Closed-end home equity
- 80/20 second mortgage purchase money
- Home improvement
EPP is a fully insured loan protection program backed by an A.M. Best “A” rated insurer. The program allows the credit union a great deal of flexibility in designing loan programs and underwriting individual loans. Significant emphasis is placed on responding to the individual underwriting concerns for each loan, as well as simplified reporting and premium remittance procedures.
Request more information to learn more about how the Equity Protection Program can safely generate additional loans for your credit union.
- Expand Loan-To-Value thresholds up to 100 percent
- Increased loan volume
- Protection against borrower default
- Foreclosure is not required to file a claim
- No cost to the credit union
- Balance sheet protection as no losses are recorded on your insured loans
- Reduced REO/loss mitigation expenses
- Loans are insured by an A.M. Best “A” rated carrier