LEVERAGE Business Lending
LEVERAGE Business Lending was established to be a loan service provider, which assists in the packaging, underwriting, closing, and servicing of Small Business Administration (SBA) loans. By teaming with LEVERAGE Business Lending, credit unions gain access to experienced SBA loan processing and servicing operations that allows them to reap the benefits of SBA lending without any additional infrastructure. Here is what SBA loans can do for you:
- In a period of tightening lending margins, participation in the SBA loan programs increases net interest margins and fee income.
- SBA commercial loans can reduce risk both through low LTVs (504 loans) and the guaranty of the federal government (7(a) loans). Credit unions will be making sound commercial loans at improved margins.
- Guaranteed funds from the SBA (75-90 percent of the total loan amount) do not count towards the regulatory MBL cap.
- In a period when some financial institutions are shrinking their market share, due to additional perceived risk in commercial loans, credit unions can actually increase market share by providing SBA loans.
Member Business Financial Services, LLC (MBFS) was created to assist credit unions in providing services to the local business community in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. Owned by credit unions, MBFS uses that inside perspective to capitalize on the cooperative nature of the credit union movement in helping credit unions provide business loans and other financial services at a cost lower than they could individually. Since its inception in 2008, the CUSO has grown to manage 2,300+ business loans with more than $750 million in business loan balances.
What We Offer
- Preparation of SBA documents
- Augmenting the credit union’s existing credit memorandum
- Submitting applications on the credit union’s behalf to SBA
- Closing the approved loan
- Sale of the loan (if requested by credit union)
- Preparation of sale documents (SBA form 1086)
- Monthly reporting (SBA form 1502)
- Review of credit union’s credit policies regarding SBA loans
- 30 day review of closed loan file
- Preparation of SBA liquidation file (30 days after closing)
- Annual review of documentation for compliance (3 months after year-end)
- Any servicing actions over the life of the loan
- Supervision and coordination of collections/liquidation.
SBA Loan Advantages
- Earn Significant Fee Income
- Achieve Deposit Growth
- Increase Loyalty
- Reduce Loan Portfolio Concentration
- Utilize Variable Rate Pricing
- Grow Membership